Merchandising Asset Browsing UI: Sort Property on Sort by Label, Sort Drop Down and Actual Used in Sorting Are Not Same
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Merchandising - Version 10.2.0.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In merchandising asset browsing hierarchy, if the sorting property list or the order of the sorting properties at one level is different than at other levels, the sorting property on the Sort By label, in the Sort Down Down menu and that used to sort the results are inconsistent while user navigates through the asset hieararchy.
1. Add custom property, Rank, to category item-descriptor.
2. Add customized contentToolbar.xml that defines additional sort property, Rank, for category and subcategory such that their sort properties look like
The rest of asset types all remain the sort properties in following order:
2. Go to BCC and click "Browse" next to "Commerce Assets" under Commerce Merchandising
3. Click Catalogs
4. Click Sort menu and select sort by Id at catalog level
5. Click one of the catalogs to the top level of categories
6. Click Sort menu and select sort by Rank for top categories. So far, the sort by in the label at the top of the navigation shows the correct sort property.
7. Click back button at the top of the navigation menu back to catalogs. The sort by in the label at the top of the navigation is "Sort by Rank", which is not a valid sort property for catalog.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms