Oracle Commerce Guided Search (Endeca Guided Search) 6.2.x Premier Support Ended June 30, 2016
(Doc ID 2327196.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Guided Search / Oracle Commerce Experience Manager - Version 6.2.0 to 6.2.2 [Release 6.x]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Premier Support Period Ended June 30, 2016
Per Lifetime Support Policy document, the Premier Support period for Oracle Commerce Guided Search (Endeca Guided Search) 6.2.x ended on June 30, 2016. The product suites (formally know as InFront and Publishing Suite) entered Sustaining Support after this date. An Endeca implementation may involve multiple components with varying version numbers. The Premier or Sustaining support status of the Endeca implementation is taken as a whole and is based on the version of MDEX running in the given implementation. This announcement applies to other Endeca service components (Platform Services, Workbench, CAS) that are compatible to MDEX 6.2.x version. Please check Endeca Infront Compatibility Matrix document to find out which versions of service components are compatible with MDEX 6.2.x versions.
All customers are entitled to lifetime Sustaining Support per Oracle's Lifetime Support Policies. Under Sustaining Support, customers are entitled to open service requests and access any knowledge articles, documentation, and approved fixes, but Oracle will no longer provide new fixes or update 3rd party certifications. All Sustaining Support is done on a "reasonable efforts" basis with no guarantee of problem resolution. Customers maintain the right to upgrade as long as they are current on their support and maintenance contract.
Extended Support Limitations
Per Lifetime Support Policy document, Extended Support is not available.
Sustaining Support Limitations
Under Sustaining Support, Oracle Commerce Guided Search 6.2.x is subject to the following limitations:
- There will not be any new fixes or certifications available for 6.2.x products. The final 3rd party certifications can be found in Endeca Infront Compatibility Matrix document.
- Under Sustaining Support, response times for SRs logged 24x7 are not guaranteed, and may be the next business day. Information and available technical skills may be limited for releases in the Sustaining Support phase. Please review the Software Technical Support Policy document for more information.
- Severity 1 service requests filed during non-service hours or during the weekend will be acknowledged, but may not receive a first technical response until the next business day.
Oracle recommends that any customer electing to remain on Oracle Commerce Guided Search 6.2.x products:
- Ensure the system is upgraded to the terminal patchset release to ensure access to any fixes that are eligible for distribution.
- Maintain compliance with 3rd party software and versions as specified in the Endeca Infront Compatibility Matrix document. Oracle will be unable to investigate issues for solutions that are not compliant with the matrix.
- Retain staff familiar with the product and version being run in production. In lieu of this, Oracle Consulting may be available to provide expertise on a contracted basis.
Support Policy References
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Premier Support Period Ended June 30, 2016|
|Extended Support Limitations|
|Sustaining Support Limitations|
|Support Policy References|