Validation Problem for Non-currency Resource Validity from Relative to No End Date
(Doc ID 2327226.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : PDC 184.108.40.206.0 version, User Interface (GUI)
There is no validation when setting non-currency resource validity to start as "Relative to Event Occurrence” + “From Start Of Billing Cycle” and validity to end as "No End Date".
There should be validation to stop user to avoid this invalid configuration.
1. Create a rule for a discount charge
2. Click open 'Amount Is Valid' dialog
3. Select "Relative to Event Occurrence" in 1 “From Start Of Billing Cycle”
4. Select "No End Date"
5. Click on OK to close 'Amount Is Valid' dialog
6. Click on Validate button from Discount Offer window
- The reason behind the expected behavior is that , in Pipeline[Billing and Revenue Management (BRM)], if one sets Valid Form as a Relative cycle, then one cannot control Valid To.
- Valid To will always be set to End of that relative cycle. So for Relative Cycle, more than 1 cycle is not supported in BRM.
- Hence in the above scenario, 'Relative to First Billing Cycle' and 'End Never' is not supported in BRM and therefore, in PDC it is expected to have a validation to prevent this kind of configuration.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document