Cascading Discounts In ECE Not Evaluating Expressions Similar To Pipeline
(Doc ID 2331937.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Problem scenario :
- User has been verifying few combinations on discounts and found the below scenario which is not working properly compared to how pipeline evaluates the cascading discount.
- Not sure if the discount mode at the top level is not honored properly or in general the sequential/cascading configuration in ECE (Elastic Charging Engine) is not restricting the eligible periods.
- Below are examples of the discount information and the configuration
Example : Name Alteration Offer Level Alteration Rule Level 100% Non Shareable DWO Discount on Data Usage Remaining Charge Remaining Charge and Quantity Subscription Legacy Bundle Discount Remaining Charge Remaining Charge and Quantity
- The first discount (100% Non Shareable DWO Discount on Data Usage) basically discounted the entire charge only but not quantity.
- The second discount should not be evaluated, however in ECE it is observed that second discount is getting evaluated and consuming the bundle.
- There is no charge after the first discount but discount (Subscription Legacy Bundle Discount) is still getting evaluated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document