Cascading Discounts In ECE Not Evaluating Expressions Similar To Pipeline
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Problem scenario :
- User has been verifying few combinations on discounts and found the below scenario which is not working properly compared to how pipeline evaluates the cascading discount.
- Not sure if the discount mode at the top level is not honored properly or in general the sequential/cascading configuration in ECE (Elastic Charging Engine) is not restricting the eligible periods.
- Below are examples of the discount information and the configuration
Example : Name Alteration Offer Level Alteration Rule Level 100% Non Shareable DWO Discount on Data Usage Remaining Charge Remaining Charge and Quantity Subscription Legacy Bundle Discount Remaining Charge Remaining Charge and Quantity
- The first discount (100% Non Shareable DWO Discount on Data Usage) basically discounted the entire charge only but not quantity.
- The second discount should not be evaluated, however in ECE it is observed that second discount is getting evaluated and consuming the bundle.
- There is no charge after the first discount but discount (Subscription Legacy Bundle Discount) is still getting evaluated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms