Allocation Rule Execution Failed When Rule is Added to Process and the Process is Migrated
Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Profitability Management - Version 8.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OFS AAI - Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure
OFSAA - Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications
Oracle Financial Services Profitability Management (PFT)
While migrating a Process which contains allocation rules through command line utility or archive/restore from source environment to target environment, the column 'V_TASK_REF_2_VALUE’ in PR2_PROCESS_TASK table of config schema is not updated properly. When a Run is created with this process and executed, the rule execution is failed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a allocation rule in two environments(source and target). In our case, the Object definition id in source is '249141' and for target '234525'
2) Create a process in source environment by selecting this newly created allocation rule.
3) Query the PR2_PROCESS_TASK for the newly created process with process id in Config schema:
select v_task_ref_unique_name, v_task_ref_2_value from PR2_PROCESS_TASK B where V_PROCESS_ID = '<>' and B.N_PARENT_TASK_ID is not null order by n_task_id;
4) These two columns will have the same value ie object definition id.
5) Migrate the process to target environment through command line or archive/restore.
6) Run the same query in the target environment, the v_task_ref_unique_name and v_task_ref_2_value will not have the same value. The v_task_ref_2_value column contains the ID of the rule present in the source.
7) When this process is added to any run and executed, the rule execution is getting failed. But if we run the same rule from Allocation Specification screen, it is getting executed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms