Incorrect Quantity Split When Usage Events Overlap Multiple Time Period
Last updated on DECEMBER 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) 126.96.36.199.0 version, Rating business logic;
Issue is that when the usage event spans across multiple time period (for example, it overlaps both peak and off-peak time periods), then the Quantity split is incorrect.
- Time model configuration used:
Off-Peak - 08:00:00 to 18:00:00
Peak - 18:00:00 to 08:00:00
- Consider rating a call for 10 minutes and 10 seconds, which overlaps both off-peak and peak hours, for example, the call start time 17:55:00 and end time is 18:05:10.
- In this scenario, it is expected to charge 5 Minutes in off-Peak rate and 6 Minutes in Peak rate
- Here the Beat is 1 Minute, so 5 Minutes and 10 seconds should be rounded to 6 Minutes in peak, and the rated event should get split as quantity in seconds, that is, [0 to 300] seconds in Off-peak and [300 to 660] seconds in Peak.
- Here the actual rated quantity is getting split as [0.0,324.5901639344262] and [324.5901639344262, 660].
Note : Here the incorrect split is happening only when RUM is getting rounded up i.e, the call duration of 10 Minutes and 10 seconds is rounded up to 11 minutes.
- See below ecs log snippet showing incorrect split of the quantity :
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms