Incorrect Tax Applied On Event Adjustment For Event Having Multiple Balance Impacts And Tax Jurisdiction
(Doc ID 2334241.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 7.5.0 patchset 15, Accounts Receivable (AR), while performing event level adjustment on usage event which has been rated by Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) which has multiple balance impacts and multiple tax jurisdiction, the tax amount is calculated incorrectly.
It is expected that the tax amount should be calculated correctly in the above scenario.
To reproduce this issue:
1. Create usage product with multiple balance impacts, for example, a fixed charge as 0.69 USD and 1 USD/min (scaled charge) and tax code say A1 which is 25%. (Tax is event time taxation)
2. Create account, service and purchase the usage product which is created in step 1.
3. Perform usage rating for the created account.
4. Check that the usage event is rated and has two Rating Impacts (1 for fixed and other for per minute charge) and two respective TAX impacts and two TAX_JURISDICTIONS arrays.
5. Perform event level adjustment(including TAX) on the above rated usage events. Below is a sample input flist.
0 PIN_FLD_EVENTS ARRAY  allocated 20, used 1
1 PIN_FLD_POID POID  <IPADDRESS> /event/delayed/session/voip 1458638513695796738 0
0 PIN_FLD_ADJUSTMENT_INFO ARRAY  allocated 20, used 3
1 PIN_FLD_AMOUNT DECIMAL  8
1 PIN_FLD_RESOURCE_ID INT  752
1 PIN_FLD_FLAGS INT  4
0 PIN_FLD_PROGRAM_NAME STR  "Customer Center"
0 PIN_FLD_END_T TSTAMP  (1501505006) Mon Jul 31 14:43:26 2017
0 PIN_FLD_DESCR STR  "SR"
0 PIN_FLD_REASON_ID INT  9
6. Check the tax amount that is applied.
/event.BAL_IMPACTS  ==> 13.8 (per minute charges)
/event.BAL_IMPACTS  ==> 0.17 (25% tax impact for fixed charge)
/event.BAL_IMPACTS  ==> 3.45 (25% tax impact for scaled charge)
/event.TAX_JURISDICTIONS => corresponds to Bal impact 5
/event.TAX_JURISDICTIONS => corresponds to Bal impact 7
Expected and actual result: In the adjustment scenario when the adjustment passed for $8, the expected tax amount is $2 , but actual tax amount applied in this scenario $1.97.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document