Incorrect Tax Applied On Event Adjustment For Event Having Multiple Balance Impacts And Tax Jurisdiction
(Doc ID 2334241.1)
Last updated on JULY 28, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 7.5.0 patchset 15, Accounts Receivable (AR), while performing event level adjustment on usage event which has been rated by Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) which has multiple balance impacts and multiple tax jurisdiction, the tax amount is calculated incorrectly.
It is expected that the tax amount should be calculated correctly in the above scenario.
To reproduce this issue:
1. Create usage product with multiple balance impacts, for example, a fixed charge as 0.69 USD and 1 USD/min (scaled charge) and tax code say A1 which is 25%. (Tax is event time taxation)
2. Create account, service and purchase the usage product which is created in step 1.
3. Perform usage rating for the created account.
4. Check that the usage event is rated and has two Rating Impacts (1 for fixed and other for per minute charge) and two respective TAX impacts and two TAX_JURISDICTIONS arrays.
5. Perform event level adjustment(including TAX) on the above rated usage events. Below is a sample input flist.
Expected and actual result: In the adjustment scenario when the adjustment passed for $8, the expected tax amount is $2 , but actual tax amount applied in this scenario $1.97.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document