When Attempting to Export an XER File Using a Non-English Characterset, the Character 项目 Is Changed to '??'.
(Doc ID 2336410.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to export or import a an XER project file using a non-English characterset (i.e. Chinese Simplified), P6 Professional converts the file to ANSI encoding and the character 项目 is converted to ??.
Non-English characters should be preserved when exporting or importing a project as XER.
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
- In P6 Professional create a project with a single Activity with a name including the Chinese character 项目.
- Export the project to an XER file.
- Open the XER file in a text editor (ex. Notepad).
- Note that the character becomes ?? instead of 项目.
- Importing the XER back into P6 as new Project.
- Note that the character displays as ??.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!