When Attempting to Export an XER File Using a Non-English Characterset, the Character 项目 Is Changed to '??'.
(Doc ID 2336410.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to export or import a an XER project file using a non-English characterset (i.e. Chinese Simplified), P6 Professional converts the file to ANSI encoding and the character 项目 is converted to ??.
When exporting the project in XML format, the character is not changed.
Non-English characters should be preserved when exporting or importing a project as XER.
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
- In P6 Professional create a project with a single Activity with a name including the Chinese character 项目.
- Export the project to an XER file.
- Open the XER file in a text editor (ex. Notepad).
- Note that the character becomes ?? instead of 项目.
- Importing the XER back into P6 as new Project.
- Note that the character displays as ??.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!