Rerating Is Failing Due To Validation On SEQUENCE_NUM As ERR_BAD_ARG On Usage Events
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 184.108.40.206.0 version,
Re-rating is failing due to field validation error on SEQUENCE_NUM while creating back out adjustment event which is unusual. It is not occurring for all but there are specific events when seeing the error.
The observations from these events are:
1. Pre Rated events (Pre-Rated events should have been skipped in this case but still gone through the rerating process).
2. Events with Quantity > 1 and also having end_t is equal to billing date.
Error in CM.Pinlog:
Steps to reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create account with any product having usage events.
2. Generate usage on billing day with end_t fixed timestamp or any other usage events.
3. Run the billing.
4. Go through re-rating again (can be product rate change and without product change).
5. Verify if re-rating is successful and in this case, it is failing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms