Cycle Forward Fees Discount Over-Refunded
(Doc ID 2337031.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5 patchset 17, an issue exists with discounts being refunded more often than they should after a product is cancelled.
This issue only occurs when the cost of the deal is overridden when purchasing with PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_DEAL.
To reproduce this issue:
- Create a deal with the product having an annual cycle forward event and pro-ration set to 'Charge for Entire Cycle' for both purchase and cancel
- Create an account using PCM_OP_CUST_COMMIT_CUSTOMER on Apr 1st, 2018
- Move PIN Virtual Time (PVT) to 10 days later i.e to Apr 10th, 2018
- Create a service using PCM_OP_CUST_MODIFY_CUSTOMER
- Purchase the deal created in Step 1 using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_DEAL by overriding cycle fee amount and cycle discount amount for a validity of 12 months
- A /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_annual event with the correct cost/discount is created (as expected)
- Move PVT to 10 days later i.e to Apr 20th, 2018
- Call PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODINFO to cancel the product effective from next Billing Day of Month (BDOM) i.e on May 1st, 2018 → Here the discount is being refunded and a fee equal to the discount is being charged, this is not expected
- Move pvt to Next BDOM (May 1st, 2018) and run billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_annual→ Here the discount again is being refunded and a fee equal to the discount is again charged, this also is not expected
Due to this, end customers are being incorrectly charged over and over again for a cancelled deal/product.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document