Error~java.sql.BatchUpdateException: error occurred during batching:ORA-01438 Error When Trying to Create Hybrid Curve
(Doc ID 2338075.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Funds Transfer Pricing - Version 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 [Release 8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP)
Interest Rate Code (IRC)
On FTP 8.0.2, when trying to create a hybrid Curve, after setting the term weights and pressing apply, the error ORA-01438 pops and no further action is possible.
Error~java.sql.BatchUpdateException: error occurred during batching: ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed for this column.
After some investigations the root of the issue appears to be that both IRCs have the term point 1000 D, as observed in the Excel.
However, there are the following data types in the standard tables which store the IRC terms:
- the column INTEREST_RATE_TERM in FSI_IRC_RATE_HIST is NUMBER(5) - thus it can store the number 1000.
- the column INTEREST_RATE_TERM in FSI_IRC_RATE_TERMS is NUMBER(5) - thus it can store the number 1000.
- the column INTEREST_RATE_TERM in FSI_IRC_HYBRID_STRUCT_WEIGHT is NUMBER(3) - thus it can NOT store the number 1000.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Rate management -> Interest Rates
2. Create new hybrid curve with two IRCs which both have 1000D term points
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document