Oracle Communications IP Service Activator (IPSA) 7.4.0 Now Available
(Doc ID 2339323.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications IP Service Activator - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
New Configuration Management capabilities in IPSA provides state of the art configuration assurance for the IPSA managed services across physical and virtualized IP networks
IPSA’s powerful policy-driven approach and abstracted service models enable service providers to efficiently provision complex multi-vendor IP/Ethernet connectivity and application services – such as IP/Ethernet VPNs, multicast VPNs, QoS, firewalls, and Bandwidth on Demand – in heterogeneous networks transitioning to SDN and NFV.
This release merges the Configuration Management capabilities, of the prior “Configuration Management” product, natively into the IPSA product, as a licensable IPSA module. Those Configuration Management capabilities, in IPSA, provide state of the art configuration assurance for the IPSA managed services across physical and virtualized IP networks. Continuing our focus to strengthen Service and Network Orchestration capabilities, IPSA has been enhanced to provide integration capabilities to ensure seamless end-to-end orchestration of SDN and NFV Services.
This release also introduces a range of new features, out of the box integrations and uptakes latest Oracle 12c technology stack.
- Single User Interface to manage & view Device/Network configuration - provides better User Experience
- Saving on Opex as there is no need to install and manage separate Configuration Management application
- Reliable configuration archiving, structured configuration comparison, auto-repair non-compliant configuration and intelligent restore with Well-designed rich User Interface enables efficient Service Configuration Management and Assurance
- Aligned with Service and Network Orchestration (SNO) strategy, JMS Async notification with REST API and NSO-IPSA integration enables robust end to end communication to ensure reliable orchestration of SDN and NFV services.
- Quick time to market to deliver activation capabilities with Yang Model onboarding
- Configuration Management in IPSA provides
- Reliable Configuration Archiving and Versioning
- Structured configurations comparison
- Intelligent Configuration Restoration
- Sophisticated Auditing and Dynamic Compliance Management
- Visualization of all manual and automated configuration changes over time
- State-of-the-art Configuration Traceability and On-Line Auto-Repair
- Real-time Change Tracking
- Archive on demand, on change or on scheduled basis
- JMS Async Notification Support for REST API enables robust integration with upstream system
- Upgraded CORBA interfaces to omniORB 4.2.1, used across all inter-component communications strengthens secured communication further
- Yang Model On-Boarding for IPSA allows instant uptake of device configuration. It parses thousands of lines of code of Yang model in few seconds and generates activation capabilities with absolutely no coding.
- NSO-IPSA Integration provides automatic registration and deregistration of VNFs from NSO to IPSA, allowing IPSA to start activating services on newly instantiated VNFs
- Certified on latest version of Oracle 12c technology stack, includes FMW 12c, DB 12c
Further information can be found in the Oracle Learning Library in the "What’s New" recorded presentation
Download the Software
Product releases are available for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
Documentation is available on OTN
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Download the Software|