Keyword Redirects: 1st Word In Phrases Appears To Be Cached
(Doc ID 2339564.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Guided Search / Oracle Commerce Experience Manager - Version 11.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Seeing some very odd behavior with Keyword Redirects that involve a phrase, where if the admin user alters the phrase the redirect appears to cache and never update. For example
1) Create a keyword redirect for 'speaking opportunities' which redirects to https://www.oracle.com/endeca
2) Run PromteAuthoringToLive
Please note that the redirect occurs as expected when searching on 'speaking opportunities'. Next try
3) Change the same redirect phrase created in step-1 to 'speaking'
4) Again run PromteAuthoringToLive
5) Now when you try searching on 'opportunities'.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: user is redirected to https://www.oracle.com/endeca
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR: Search is performed on 'opportunities'
The problem seems to occur when the first word in the phrase does not change. For example, I tried the same with 'Foo barz', which points to https://www.oracle.com/atg. After modifying the phrase to just 'Foo', running PromteAuthoringToLive, the rule fires when searching on 'barz'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document