Save as of a Design in MCAD Connector Not Reflecting in Agile
(Doc ID 2345669.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Save As of Design file in a assembly using MCAD Connector ("Save Preview") window, MCAD Connector creates a new design object (with new number) and replaces the older design (.PRT which was used to create clone) with the new design in the assembly.
But in Agile it creates a new design file and its not replacing the older design.
Agile creates a new design file and replace with the older design.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Load a existing assembly with Two or more parts in CAD using "Load To CAD"
- Click on "Save Preview"
- In Save Preview window select a Part (.PRT design) and click on Save As
- New Design is created and its shown in MCAD Connector
- Click on continue -> 1 Part saved in Agile message is shown
- Click on "Save Preview" window and observe, the newly created part using clone is shown assembly structure replacing the design which was used to make a clone
- Click on Assembly Design hyper link and navigate to structure table in Agile
Observe the newly created Design is not Design structure. The data in MCAD Connector is not matching with Agile
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document