Performance Degradation From "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" ETL Execution Against A Unifier Source
(Doc ID 2345799.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Analytics Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera Data Warehouse - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Primavera Analytics - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After completing steps noted within "Business Process UDF Mapping Which Exceeds The Default Number Of Allowed Mappings Not Brought Into Data Warehouse Via ODI ETL (Doc ID 2342512.1)" to fix a Data Warehouse defect, we are seeing an increase in run-time of the Data Warehouse ETL process for a Unifier source.
This increase in runtime is to be expected, but the extent of the delay is not.
- Before applying the fix within KM Document 2342512.1, the runtime for a Data Warehouse ETL for Unifier was around 1 hour.
- After applying the fix, the runtime for a Data Warehouse ETL for Unifier is showing close to 8-10 hours.
The extreme duration of time is stemming from the "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" scenario ETL step which:
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP for/to STARUSER.W_BP_DS
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP_LINE for/to STARUSER.W_BP_LINE_DS
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP for/to STARUSER.W_BP_LINE_FS
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP for/to STARUSER.W_BP_FS
For ETL execution, specifically the runtime of the "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" scenario ETL step for Unifier, to complete more quickly.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The following steps can be utilized to simulate the issue:
- Login to Unifier
- Browse to Company Workspace > Analytics
- Select Open on Business Processes
- Select Custom Fields and note:
- All string UDFs set to allow 500 UDF mappings
- All numeric/date UDFs set to allow 200 UDF mappings
- On the custom mapping page:
- Map close to 130 text UDFs and 80 date/numeric
- Publish data to Unifier
The issue occurs while running a Data Warehouse/Analytics ETL:
- Login to Analytics Application
- Select staretl2 and select "Run ETL" or run based on defined schedule
- Note the amount of time it takes for the ETL to run, specifically the "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" scenario ETL step which can be found from viewing the log file.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document