Performance Degradation in "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" ETL Execution Against a Unifier Source
(Doc ID 2345799.1)
Last updated on JUNE 11, 2021
Applies to:Primavera Data Warehouse - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera Analytics - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera Analytics Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After completing the solution steps in Business Process UDF Mapping Which Exceeds The Default Number Of Allowed Mappings Not Brought Into Data Warehouse Via ODI ETL (Doc ID 2342512.1) to fix a Data Warehouse defect, an increase in run-time of the Data Warehouse ETL process for a Unifier source occurs. This increase in runtime is to be expected, but the extent of the delay is not.
- Before applying the fix in the above Knowledgebase document, the runtime for a Data Warehouse ETL for Unifier was around 1 hour.
- After applying the fix, the runtime for a Data Warehouse ETL for Unifier is showing close to 8-10 hours.
The extreme duration of time is stemming from the "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" scenario ETL step, which does the following:
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP for/to STARUSER.W_BP_DS
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP_LINE for/to STARUSER.W_BP_LINE_DS
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP for/to STARUSER.W_BP_LINE_FS
- Extracts from/on UNIFIER.SYS_STG_BP for/to STARUSER.W_BP_FS
ETL execution, specifically the runtime of the "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" scenario ETL step for Unifier, should complete more quickly.
The following steps can be utilized to simulate the issue:
- Login to Unifier.
- Browse to Company Workspace > Analytics.
- Select Open on Business Processes.
- Select Custom Fields and note:
- All string UDFs set to allow 500 UDF mappings.
- All numeric/date UDFs set to allow 200 UDF mappings.
- On the custom mapping page and map close to 130 text UDFs and 80 date/numeric.
- Publish data to Unifier.
The issue occurs while running a Data Warehouse/Analytics ETL:
- Login to the Analytics Application.
- Select staretl2 and select "Run ETL" or run based on a defined schedule.
- View the log file and note the amount of time it takes for the ETL to run, specifically the "SCENARIO_BP_DIM_AND_FACTS" scenario ETL step.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document