Error: "Cannot Continue. The Application Is Improperly Formatted. Contact the Application Vendor for Assistance" and "The Manifest May Not Be Valid or the File Could Not Be Opened" When Attempting to Launch or Install P6 Professional Through ClickOnce
(Doc ID 2347349.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to install P6 Professional or launch an existing installation of P6 Professional through ClickOnce, the following error occurs:
Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance.
From the logs, following error message is shown:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.3101.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Deployment url : https://hostname/p6professionalcloud/x64/P6Professional.application
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://hostname/p6professionalcloud/x64/P6Professional.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from https://$SSO_Redirect_URL: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ DTD is prohibited in this XML document.
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/5/2018 11:36:57 AM] : Activation of https://hostname/p6professionalcloud/x64/P6Professional.application has started.
Following errors were detected during this operation.
- Exception reading manifest from $ClickOnce URL: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Launch P6 Professional from an existing ClickOnce installation or attempt to install P6 Professional through ClickOnce
2. Observe error message
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document