Incorrect Tax Percentage in the Event Balance Impact in the Cycle Tax Event in Case of Override Tax
(Doc ID 2348681.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Taxation
In case of the override tax setup in Vertex, the tax percentage on the event balance impact of the cycle tax event is in-correct.
Its adding all percentage and updated in event balance impact
0.06250+0.01750+0.10250+ 0.01000 = 0.1925
0+0+97.50+0 = 97.50
Since only one tax [override tax] was considered here for tax calculation. Only that one should be consider and updated in event balance impact
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a customer with the address
2) Purchase a charged product with a tax code that is taxable
3) Update Vertex to set the tax code and product for override tax rate with a tax rate of 10.25% for example
4) Make sure the other (Federal, state, city and district) jurisdictions are set to the tax rate of 0%.
5) Try to Trial bill or bill the customer and see that the balance impact array of the cycle tax event has the combined tax percentage of the override as well as other jurisdiction taxes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document