Incorrect Tax Percentage in the Event Balance Impact in the Cycle Tax Event in Case of Override Tax
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Taxation
In case of the override tax setup in Vertex, the tax percentage on the event balance impact of the cycle tax event is in-correct.
Its adding all percentage and updated in event balance impact
0.06250+0.01750+0.10250+ 0.01000 = 0.1925
0+0+97.50+0 = 97.50
Since only one tax [override tax] was considered here for tax calculation. Only that one should be consider and updated in event balance impact
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a customer with the address in Chicago
2) Purchase a charged product with a tax code that is taxable
3) Update Vertex to set the tax code and product for override tax rate with a tax rate of 10.25% for example
4) Make sure the other (Federal, state, city and district) jurisdictions are set to the tax rate of 0%.
5) Try to Trial bill or bill the customer and see that the balance impact array of the cycle tax event has the combined tax percentage of the override as well as other jurisdiction taxes.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms