P6 Web Services ImportProject Service Does Not Update Activity or Project Notebook Topics And/Or Risks
(Doc ID 2349791.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Web Services - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When calling P6 Web Services ImportService to update an existing project, the Risks and NoteBookTopics are not updated. This only happens if any DeleteUnreferenced tags are included in the import XML.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a project with one activity
- Add a Notebook Topic and a Risk on that Activity
- Export the project to XML
- In P6, change the text in the Notebook Topic text and change something about the Risk like the Status.
- Call UpdateExistingProject service with the ProjectSpecific BusinessObjectOptions set for all the business objects. If the option DeleteUnreferenced is available on the business object include it. It can be set to True or False.
- After the import runs, check the project in P6 and see that neither the Risk nor the Notebook Topic have been updated with their old value from the import file. The expectation is that the changes made in P6 should be overwritten with the old values still in the import XML file.
- Remove the DeleteUnreferenced tags from the XML and run the import again.
- After the import runs, check the project in P6 and see that the Risk and the Notebook Topic now have been updated with the old values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document