Modifying the 'Activity % Complete' Field When the 'PercentComplete' Type Is Set To 'Physical' Does Not Trigger An Event
(Doc ID 2350474.1)
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 17.7 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 17.7 to 17.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Business Events for WBS, Project, and Activity fields have been enabled in the P6 EPPM administrative settings, changing the Type for an activity's % Complete field to Physical triggers an Event, but subsequently updating the Value does not.
Changing an activity's Physical % Complete value should trigger a Business Event.
The issue can be reproduced using the following steps:
1. Enable Event notification per Doc ID 914008.1 - How To Enable Event Notification In P6.
2. Login to P6 Web as an administrator.
3. Enable and configure Eventing, then check the "Modify" boxes for WBS, Project, and Activity.
4. Create a single-activity project.
5. On the Activities page, select Switch to Classic View.
6. Select an Activity, click the General tab, and in the Status section check the "Started" box.
7. In a separate tab, open the WebLogic Console and login.
8. Navigate to Services > Messaging > JMS Modules > SystemModule-0 > Queue-0 > Monitoring > Check 'SystemModule-0!Queue-0' and press Show Messages.
9. Note the total number of messages.
10. In P6 Web, in the Status section, set the Activity % Complete Type to Physical.
11. In WebLogic Console, refresh the JMS Messages page.
12. Note that an additional Event message has been triggered.
13. In P6 Web, modify the value in the Activity % Complete field, then click Save.
14. In WebLogic Console, refresh the JMS Messages page.
15. Note that no Event message has been triggered.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document