Error: "The Permission View Ideas Requires View Proposals" When Deselecting View Proposal Under Navigation Section On Edit Permission Page
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2018
Applies to:Instantis EnterpriseTrack - Version 17.2 and later
Instantis EnterpriseTrack Cloud Service - Version 17.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error message shows up when deselecting view proposal under Navigation section on Edit Permission page.
For <profile> (Access Profile), the permission View Ideas requires View Proposals.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to Instantis EnterpriseTrack 17.2 as system administrator
- Go to Administration
- Open Resource & Security Admin tab
- Click Resource Access Profile link under Resource Configuration section
- Click Create a New Resource Access Profile button on Administration: Resource Access Profile List page
- Enter a value for the Access Profile Name on Administration: Create Resource Access Profile page and Click Add Access Profile button
- Click Done button on Administration: Resource Access Profile List page
- Click Edit Permission link under Resource Administration section
- Select profile created in step 6 in the Access Profile list, Select Idea and Navigation module in the Module list, and Click Edit Permission button on Administration: Edit Permission page
- Ensure View Proposal and View Ideas are selected on Administration: Edit Access Profile/Role Permissions page and save
- Deselect View Proposal under Navigation section, and Click Save button on Administration: Edit Access Profile/Role Permissions page
- Error Message occurs
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot restrict the permission on view proposal.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms