Pin_Deposit Is Not Collecting Pre-Authorized Charges After Upgrade To BRM 7.5 PS19
(Doc ID 2352308.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Payments
pin_deposit is not collecting pre-authorized charges after upgrade to BRM 7.5 PS15 to 7.5 PS19.
The authorized amounts are not collected by pin_deposit in PS19. The same scenario works in version PS15.
For credit card subscribers, authorization is performed during order acceptance and the amount is collected the next day. However, pin_deposit does not trigger any payment collection. On analysis, it has been observed that the PIN_FLD_CHARGES array is not populated as part of the refund batch, while the same can be found in PS15 version.
pin_deposit should collect pre-authorized charges
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a subscriber with credit card as the payment method and purchase a plan
2. The plan charges are authorized and /event/billing/charge/cc and /event/billing/payment/cc are created with COMMAND as 2
3. Move the date to next day
4. Run bill_now
5. pin_deposit should collect the charges authorized in step 2.
6. /event/billing/charge/cc and /event/billing/payment/cc are created for the collected amount with COMMAND as 5.
However, pin_deposit does not send the charges array to PCM_OP_PYMT_COLLECT opcode and so no payment collection happens.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document