Extension Check Should be Done While Attaching Rather Than When Saving
(Doc ID 2352572.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Web Switching
extension check should be done while attaching rather than when saving
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
(1) Log into environment starting web workspace using switching take full authority.
(2) Create a new switch plan and immediately tab to external documents.
(3) Add an .exe file
(5) Wait a very long time, and am told that system is offline, back on line, and 'Unable to save switching sheet 'Planned 1070 (New)'
(6) Delete exe file
(7) Go add a device on the request tab.
(8) Save -- switch plan saves successfully.
(9) Go back to external documents, and add a sql file as a document. (expected to be told that this was not a valid extenstion, but perhaps this has changed in product.)
(11) Add an exe file.
(13) System went offline/online and got 'Unable to save switching sheet 'Planned 1070 (New 2612)'
(14) Delete exe file
(15) System went offline/online and got 'Unable to save switching sheet 'Planned 1070 (New 2612)', although deleted file did get removed from external documents list.
(16) Saved again.
If It is not going to be allowed to save the switch plan with certain types of external documents, It shouldn't be able to add them in the first place.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document