THE BATCH SCCEXT IS GETTING ABORTED Unique Constraint (SCH_RMS13.PK_DEAL_CALC_QUEUE) Violated~INSERT
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Batch job SCCEXT is getting aborted with the below error message when executed in multi-thread mode:
sccext_5~20170930221317~process~deal_calc_queue~-1~ORA-00001: unique constraint (SCH_RMS13.PK_DEAL_CALC_QUEUE) violated~INSERT: deal_calc_queue
Instructions to Re-create
1. Issue happens when there are cost_changes created for different items and for the same order_no.
2. Currently the job runs on 8 threads and the issue happens when two or more threads are picked different cost_changes having same order_no at the same time.
3. If those threads execute the insert statement for deal_cal_queue by selecting the same order from deal_calc_queue_temp the program would fail for unique constraint violated for deal_calc_queue table since order_no is primary key.
4. The program will only abort if two or more threads running simultaneously trying to insert the same order number.
5. And also according to the insert statement the program will not fail if the threads run after one another since there is a commit after the insert statement and this is a timing issue
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms