When Switch Sheet Step is Instructed, Crew Symbol Does Not Appear Next to Device in the Viewer
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 2.3]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Crew is not following switch sheet step instruct
A crew can be assigned to a master switching event; and then set to en-route or on-site and assigned to a switch step involved with a device. When the step is instructed the crew symbol should show on the instructed device in the viewer.
Expect that the crew would move to the instructed device automatically.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Create a planned switch plan and associate a master device.
- Record several steps on a device(s) near the master device.
- Schedule the switch plan to create the master switching event.
- Assign a crew to the master event.
- Assign the crew to steps so the crew id shows in the "Instructed To' column
- Issue the switch plan.
- Place the crew en-route or on-site.
- Instruct the first step and note that the crew doesn't move from the master device to the device involved with the instruction.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms