UDA At The Item Parent Level Updates Children Records Even When User Does Not Make Updates
(Doc ID 2356262.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
UDA at the item parent level updates children records even when user does not make updates.
1. Create Level 1 (Style) Item . Assign a UDA to the level 1 item.
2. Create Level 2 (SKU) item. Assign a different UDA other than the UDA what is assigned to the style. Ensure the style and sku will have different UDAs or they may have the same UDA but will have different UDA values.
Steps to recreate:
1. Click the Tasks icon. Select Item link. Click Manage Items. Item Search screen open.
2. In the item field, enter a style level item. Enter the style created during data setup. Click Search. Click on item in the results section.
3. In the item tab, click More Actions > User Defined Attributes.
4. In the Items UDAs tab, don't make any updates. Click Save and Close.
5. Warning message appears saying, "Child item exists for this record. Do you want to UDA record to these Children? Note that existing records will be lost."
6. Click Yes. The style level UDAs will now be applied to the skus. The UDAs unique to the sku will be deleted.
Expected results: Since there are no changes applied to the Item UDAs screen, the UDAs should not cascade to the skus. The UDAs should only cascade when changes are made to the item UDA screen.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document