Preview Button on Look Ahead Uses Viewer Focus Device Rather Than Look Ahead Device
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Web Workspace
Preview button on look ahead uses viewer focus device rather than look ahead device
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Search for F1101 in product configuration
2. Start to open F1101, stopping when look ahead is displayed.
3. Select in viewer F1500 (slightly north of F1101)
4. Observe that control tool and look ahead are still showing device F10101
5. Press the Preview button in look ahead
6. Observe that you are focused on F1500, showing it's extent, and not the extent of the look ahead device.
7. Press Open on look ahead, and observe that it correctly opens F1101.
Also, if you have utilized the HIDE_CONTROL_TOOL function making the control tool hide when a new device is selected, and performed these same steps, when step 3 is performed, neither the control tool nor the look ahead tool are hidden, resulting in the same problem in step 6, and allowing step 7 which wasn't wanted when this function was created.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms