Error: "Unable to connect to database" Or "The application and database version do not match" When Attempting P6 Professional Login Through Cloud Connect (Deployed To A Cluster) Configured For Single Sign On (SSO) / SAML
(Doc ID 2361587.1)
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to login to P6 Professional configured for SSO and using a Cloud Connect driver where Cloud Connect is deployed into a cluster,
The following error occurs when client side cache is turned off:
"Unable to connect to database. Please run the Database Configuration tool or contact your administrator."
The following error occurs when client side cache is turned on:
"The application and database version do not match. Click Exit to close the application."
Regardless of having client side cache on/off, the following generates in the web server access log file:
- [TIMESTAMP] "GET /p6procloudconnect/login HTTP/1.1" 302
- [TIMESTAMP] "GET /p6procloudconnect/login HTTP/1.1" 201
- [TIMESTAMP] "POST /p6procloudconnect/services/p6client HTTP/1.1" 403
- The 403 error on the POST request is causing the error messages to generate at login.
Note, this occurs using both Round Robin and Round-Robin-Affinity load algorithms.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Deploy Cloud Connect to a WebLogic cluster
- Configure a web server to connect to the cluster
- Configure SSO for cloud connect
- Configure P6 Professional to connect to the cloud connect cluster over SSO
- Note the reported issue which occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document