Item Type Selector Configuration Issue In PDC
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 184.108.40.206.0 version and Pricing Design Center(PDC) 220.127.116.11.0 version, an issue is observed with the Item Type Selector configuration, where the user does not have any control on how Item Type Selectors can be defined in PDC, which is causing incorrect item assignment in BRM.
As the user is migrating from BRM to PDC with ECE as rating engine, they are defining the Item Type selectors in their PDC.
Consider a sample scenario where the user have defined the ItemTags 'mpp' and 'cycle_arrear' as below:
Here "mpp" ItemTag is coming later compared to the cycle_arrear ItemTag. This results incorrect item assignment in BRM.
Steps to reproduce :
- Add an event [ for example : /event/billing/product/fee/cycle ] in config_item_tags.xml and load to BRM using load_config_item_tags.
- Run syncpdc.
- Run “./ImportExportPricing -export Itemselector -config ITEM_TYPE_SELECTOR” to extract the existing Item selector from PDC database.
- Add the new event info in the extracted xml file [ in step 3] as first element.
- Load the modified xml back to PDC using “./ImportExportPricing -import -ow -config xxx.xml.”
- Check the BRM database and see whether rec id of new event comes before actually cycle arrear or not.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms