Object Encrypted with AES in BRM 7.5 Cannot be Read in BRM 12.0
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) version 126.96.36.199.0, an AES-encrypted object from BRM 7.5 can no longer be decrypted after upgrading to BRM 12.0.
The simulated scenario is as below:
In BRM 7.5:
1. Created AES encryption key using pin_crypt_app -genkey -key
2. Updated dm_oracle pin.conf with generated value
3. Created service with password encrypted with new key
In BRM 12.0:
1. Encrypted key into OZT - Generation of Encrypted AES key is successful
2. Updated dm_oracle pin.conf
3. Updated password of existing service with the new AES value
When reading the service object with the AES password in testnap, the user is getting error PIN_ERR_STREAM_EOF.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms