Object Encrypted with AES in BRM 7.5 Cannot be Read in BRM 12.0
(Doc ID 2363878.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) version 22.214.171.124.0, an AES-encrypted object from BRM 7.5 can no longer be decrypted after upgrading to BRM 12.0.
The simulated scenario is as below:
In BRM 7.5:
1. Created AES encryption key using pin_crypt_app -genkey -key
2. Updated dm_oracle pin.conf with generated value
3. Created service with password encrypted with new key
In BRM 12.0:
1. Encrypted key into OZT - Generation of Encrypted AES key is successful
2. Updated dm_oracle pin.conf
3. Updated password of existing service with the new AES value
When reading the service object with the AES password in testnap, the user is getting error PIN_ERR_STREAM_EOF.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document