MDM Returns Doubled SQs When Using D2-Math Rule For Multiple Usage Groups Across Same Period
(Doc ID 2364631.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MDM - Returning Doubled SQs when Using D2-Math Rule for Multiple Usage Groups across Same Period
If you attempt to bill a rate that leverages the MDM rate code-device config mapping, and separate usage groups are found for a single period, if you use the D2-Math rule to calculate something like max KW, then scalar SQs are included in multiple usage periods leading to a bill for double the consumption.
1. Configure Usage Subscription Type to derive usage group based on Rate-Device Configuration Extendable Lookup
2. Configure a Non-AMI usage group with D2-GetScalar usage rule (to pull KWH) and D2-Math usage rule (to calc. max KW from interval)
3. Configure an AMI usage group with Daily Scalar usage rule (to pull KWH) and D2-Math usage rule (to calc. max KW from interval)
4. Setup the Rate Extendable Lookup as follows:
Rate 1 + Non-AMI DC Type = Non-AMI Usage Group
Rate 1 + AMI DC Type = AMI Usage Group
5. Setup 2 Service Points with following meter installations
6. Create a Usage Subscription with "Rate 1" to include SP1 and SP2
7. Ensure all reads are entered for UT dates
8. Create a UT
Observed Behavior: 2 Usage Periods are generated but KWH from SP1 and SP2, and the calculated max KW are included in both Usage Periods
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!