Error: "The SQL Server Agent ($instance_name) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs." When Attempting to Start the SQLAgent Service.
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 8.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to start the SQLAgent service, for running background jobs, the following error occurs:
The SQL Server Agent ($instance_name) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.
SQLServer Error: 229, The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object
1. Launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager via Start --> All Programs --> Microsoft SQL Server --> Configuration Tools --> SQL Server Configuration Manager (or click Start --> type "SQLServerManager11.msc" and press enter).
2. Click "SQL Server Services" (on the left-hand side) and locate the "SQL Server Agent ($Instance_Name)" (on the right-hand side).
3. If the service is disabled, attempt to enable by right-clicking the service and selecting "Properties".
4. Select the Built-In account and take note.
5. If the service is disabled, go to the "Service" tab and change the "Start Mode" to "Enabled".
6. Attempt to start the service.
7. Observe the reported error.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users experience slow application response times from the database due to background jobs being unable to run successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms