Infranet.connectionpool.maxidletime Has No Effect
(Doc ID 2368387.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Webservices Mgr & JCA Adaptor
Even though the child CMs are idle for more than a minutes [BRMConnectionPoolMaxIdleTime=60000], the CMs are not released back to the connection pool.
If there is no activity on CM connections, then idle CMs are not released back to the connection pool.
Idle CMs should be released back to the connection pool after BRMConnectionPoolMaxIdleTime/infranet.connectionpool.maxidletime set time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set all debug envs like CMAP_DEBUG, DM_DEBUG, DM_DEBUG2 and DM_DEBUG3 to 0xffffffff, so that CM can take time to respond to request came from JCA client.
2. Login in to weblogic console and changed the these two parameters
BRMConnectionPoolMaxIdleTime=60000 // 1 min
3. Restart the managed server from the weblogic console, see only 2 CMs
4. Restart the cm process from BRM server. See only 1 master CM.
5. Invoke 3 BRM webservice callers through portal (E.g Use BRMAdapterServletClient and do PCM_OP_READ_OBJ for different account from 3 different browser)
NOTE: One can take the xml from this note How To Deploy BRM JCA Adapter And Test Using BRMAdapterServletClient In Weblogic Server (Doc ID 1487220.1)
pin02 226mui> date
Wed Jan 31 01:15:47 PST 2018
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document