Error: "Invalid Parameters Requested" When Attempting to Run a Report in P6 and the Bi Publisher Log Shows ASCII Code Instead of a Comma in the Returned Value
(Doc ID 2368739.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run a report in P6 and selecting a project code value that contains a comma, the following errors occur:
P6 On Screen:
Errors have been encountered while running the report. To resolve, contact your administrator.
P6 Web Access log:
"Invalid parameters requested"
BI Publisher log:
Illegal parameter value: "<parameter>=<result showing , instead of a comma>"
Example: "p_code_val__Location=Pennsylvania, PA"
STEPS TO DUPLICATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log-in to P6 Web
- Create a Project Code
- Create a Project Code Value that contains a comma in it (Example: "Pennsylvania, PA")
- Assign the project code value to a project
- Publish the global services (specifically Enterprise Data)
- Publish the project
- Setup a data model with the List of Value looking for the Project Code:
select "P6PROJECTCODE"."CODEVALUE" as "CODEVALUE"
from "PXRPTUSER"."P6PROJECTCODE" "P6PROJECTCODE"
where "P6PROJECTCODE"."CODETYPENAME" = '<Project Code created for the test>')
- Create a basic report, generated from the data model
- Run the report from BIP selecting the value with the comma, successful
- Run the report from P6 selecting the value with the comma, failure
- Check P6 and bipublisher.log for errors
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!