Attempting to Create a New EPS Results in Error: "The value entered for EPS ID must be unique in P6 PPM/EPPM"
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a new EPS element in the P6 Web App or the P6 Client, the following error occurs.
"The value entered for EPS ID must be unique"
Upon inspection of existing EPS ID's, none are found to be a duplicate.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open P6 Client or Login to P6 Web
- Navigate to the EPS listing and creation area
- For Client: Enterprise -> Enterprise Project Structure
- P6 Web: Projects -> EPS Tab
- Attempt to add a new EPS and then rename the EPS ID - Note that the error now occurs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms