"ORA-12899: VALUE TOO LARGE" Error When a Transfer Shipment is Under Received
(Doc ID 2370066.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 15.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, find that, for a store and user with locale set as 'es' (Spanish), under receiving a transfer shipment fails with the following error:
Steps to Recreate:
1. Ensure that the user and store locale is set to 'es' (Spanish)
2. Create a transfer shipment from Store 1 to Store 2 that contains 39 items with descriptions longer than 30 characters each
3. Confirm and dispatch the transfer shipment
4. In Store 2, receive the transfer shipment
5. Open the container and under receive 23 items (ex: if transfer quantity is 5, received is less than 5)
6. Click on 'Confirm' and note that the application shows "Severe system error"
7. Check sim.log file and note the above error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document