User Able To Work On The Events For The Zone Which They Not Subscribed
(Doc ID 2370071.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are able to work on the Events for the Zone which they not Subscribed.
Steps to recreate:
1. Login to NMS as any User
2. Subscribe to Low Level Zone in Authority Zone ( E.g.SPS_E)
3. Go to Tools, Select Viewer 1 window
4. In Viewer window, go to Actions, Select Search
5. In Search window, enter an Event # ( E.g 2001783) or Device ID from other zone which you have not subscribed ( E,g. XCEL PSCO_E FRTR Evergreen SC)
6. The Device shown in the Viewer window
7. Right Click on the PSO, Select Event Log
8. In Event Log window, enter the Event # ( E.g 2001783) again in the Event # panel and press Enter
9. The Event log is loaded, Go to Actions and select Event Details
10. In the Event Details window, go to Update ERT and enter an value and update the ERT and Save
Expected : An alert should be thrown you are not authorized to perform the action. User should not be allowed to update ERT from Event Details, update from Crew Info and Update from Active Job Info..
Actual : User able to update the Event of other zone for which not subscribed. Event Details, Crew Info and Active Job Info
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document