Performance Issue When Creating Item/Locations Upon Approving Allocation
(Doc ID 2372151.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1.2 to 14.1.3 [Release 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Approving an allocation for a large number of item/locations which do not yet exist in RMS and Allocation is configured to create item/locs, the approval process is taking a long time in the item/loc ranging process. Allocation will call NEW_ITEM_LOC_SQL.NEW_ITEM_LOC passing in a table already exploded to the item/store location level. There is SQL in the NEW_ITEM_LOC_SQL.EXPODE_LOCS that is called that will do nothing as the data is already exploded and the SQL will not perform well as a result.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Make sure Allocation is configured to create item/locations (TP_LOC_EXCP_RSN_PRD_SRCD = 'C D I')
2) Create a new Style with 2 Colors (i.e. SKUs) and range to a single warehouse location.
3) Create a purchase order for the SKUs with large quantities.
4) Create a standard purchase order allocation for the SKUs to 4000 stores (for which the items are not yet ranged).
6) Update quantities and spread to locations if necessary to ensure quantities to all 4000 stores.
7) Approve Allocation.
8) Notice how long it takes for the RMS Allocation to be created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!