DMS Error on Apply WIP Code Screen with "ORA-00001: unique constraint (.) violated ORA-0000: normal, successful completion" in Error_Log
(Doc ID 2374778.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 16.0 to 16.0.1 [Release 16.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Apply WIP Code throwing a DMS error at certain times. The DMS error is being seen when applying a WIP code by the ITEM criteria when there are containers in 'I' and 'D' status. The error being captured is a 'unique constraint'
error. The WIP code is applied to the container, but the to_location_id is not being updated. When all containers are in 'I' status, there is no DMS error and process completes as expected.
Steps To Recreate:
1. Open the Apply WIP Code screen
2. Identify an Item to be applied to containers where there are containers in 'I' and 'D' status.
3. Apply a WIP to the containers by using the ITEM ID criteria.
4. Click the create record, and then the SAVE.
5. Get the DMS Error.
6. Acknowledge the error message, then check the data. Note the WIP code is applied, but the to_location_id of the container is not being updated. Note there are no WIP's on the container at the start of the process.
7. Error captured in ERROR LOG table
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!