Available Quantity Is Not Correct When An ASN Has Same Item On Multiple POs or Containers
(Doc ID 2375683.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Allocation - Version 14.0.3 to 14.0.4 [Release 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Available Quantity is not correct when an ASN has item in multiple lines (due to multiple containers or multiples POs in one ASN).
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create ITEMA and source it to WH1 and S1
2. Create PO1 for 100 units of ITEMA to WH1
3. Create PO2 for 100 units of ITEMA to WH1
4. Create Shipment ASN100 that has both PO1 and PO2
NOTE: The ASN is the same for both the POs
5. Search for ANS100 in allocations. It correctly shows the 200 units as available.
6. Allocate 1 unit and Approve the allocation.
7. Now search for the ASN100 again in Allocation.
8. Note that it is showing the Available Quantity to allocate as 198 and not 199.
There is an issue with pulling the quantity allocated for ALLOC_HEADER and ALLOC_DETAIL. It is doubling the quantity in this case. In general it is multiplying the allocated qty by the number of times the item is present in the ASN. If item I1 exists in the ASN100 10 times (due to multiple container or multiple POs) and if 1 unit is allocated, the Allocation application is treating it as though 10 units have been allocated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!