Summary Data Is Handled Differently in the P6 Professional Client Than It Is in the P6 Web Application.
(Doc ID 2378004.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The handling of summary data is inconsistent between the P6 Professional Client and the P6 Web application.
In the P6 Web Standard Views, unchecking the enable summarization box does not prompt for the deletion of summary data and does not change the contains summary data flag.
Also, the "contains summary data" flag is editable and should not be. The field should only be changed when summarizing data, or deleting summary data, not manually changed by a user in the web.
These problems do not exist in the Client application, or in the P6 Web application's classic view.
For the summary data deletion to complete and for the web and client to be consistent in the handling of summary data.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into P6 EPPM Web and access the projects view.
2. Ensure the standard (html5) view is selected.
3. Show the columns for Contains Summary Data, and Enable Summarization.
4. Uncheck the Enable Summarization checkbox for a record and save the change.
5. Note that there was no prompt to delete summary data.
6. Note that the contains summary data flag was not changed.
7. Select another project record, and uncheck the contains summary data checkbox.
8. Save the changes.
9. Note that the change was allowed.
10. Attempt to perform the same process in the classic view.
11. Note the prompts when unchecking the enable summarization option, and the inability to manually edit the contains summary data flag.
12. Perform the same operation in the client.
13. Note the prompts when unchecking the enable summarization option, and the inability to manually edit the contains summary data flag.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot consistently remove summary data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document