Scalar MDM Estimation And Consumption UI Entry Can Exceed MC Dial Configuration
(Doc ID 2379721.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 184.108.40.206.0 version Scalar MDM estimation and consumption UI entry can exceed MC Dial configuration. The max number of digits to the left of the decimal setting can be exceeded by a user entering consumption with a very high value or when the related Interval MC has large number of intervals that causes reading to exceed maximum dials.
It is expected that either a Number of Dials Exceeded message is shown to the user or the usage created accounting for rollover / negative consumption.
Steps to Reproduce
Following is a simple test case to demonstrate the issue.
- Interval MC = ER-SM-018 / 2 / Electric kWh 60min
- Scalar MC = @ ER-SM-018 / 1 / Electric kWh 1 Daily Read - Consumption Sync
- Number of Digits Left: 5
- Number of Digits Right: 4
- Last Contiguous Read: 1-23-2013 00:00:00
- Read Out Type: Dials
- Full Scale: 99,999.9999000
- MC Type > Rollover Threshold: 0.7
- Go to Interval MC - 360 Degree View > MC Tab
- In the Final Values Overlay zone, from the Select Function drop down choose Create/Override.
- In the Create/Override Interval Consumption screen:
- Start: 01-23-2013 00:00:00
- End: 01-26-2013 00:00:00
- Total Consumption: 999,999.9999
- Profile: Straight Line
- Save and validate IMD
- Create Missing read for scalar using Create/Override with same dates as interval.
The result will be that the estimated quantity exceeds max dials: 999,999.999
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Steps to Reproduce|