Issues Related to Selective Tracing Based on Subscriber
(Doc ID 2380725.1)
Last updated on APRIL 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) version 22.214.171.124.0 :
- Add the subscriber in the subscriber-trace.xml
<subscriber id="096234271" config-class="oracle.communication.brm.charging.subscribertrace.configuration.internal.SubscriberImpl"/>
- Invoke the updateSubscriberTraceConfiguration from jconsole
- Verify ECE Subscriber Tracing from jconsole
- Send the following diameter messages through seagull:
SLR -> CCR(I) -> CCR(U) -> STR -> CCR(T)
- From the ece log directory, diameterGateway1.096234271.SLR_1000348.log and ecs1.096234271.SLR_1000348.log have been generated for tracing, but no separate log has been generated for
- There is no documentation for below parameters:
logExpiryWaitTime = "1"
logCleanupInterval = "2"
- If there is any error in execution of updateSubscriberTraceConfiguration, jconsole is not reporting the same, the error is visible in logs only.
So after invoking the updateSubscriberTraceConfiguration procedure, one needs to go and check the logs for the confirmation every time. This behavior is not correct because one will use the log to debug the error, but application has to tell the end-user whether it has run successfully or not, and only then one could look into the logs for debugging if necessary.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document