ORA-01031: Insufficient Privileges Error Creating New User in MetaSolv Solution Security Users and Groups
(Doc ID 2380964.1)
Last updated on MAY 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to create a new user in MetaSolv Solution. The application throws a "Cannot create user 'USERID'" message due to an "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" error.
Image of error in application
Error text displayed in GUI
1. Open the MetaSolv Solution client application (tbs.exe).
2. Click Administration.
3. Click Security Users and Groups.
4. Right-click in either of the frames and select "New > User...".
5. Enter the required information in the Add User window.
6. Click OK and the "Cannot create user 'USERID' ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" error is thrown.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!