JAVA.LANG.NULLPOINTEREXCEPTION ADDING BLANK EVENT ASSOCIATION
Last updated on MAY 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124 version, Web Switching
If you attempt to do an "Add Event Association" and leave the Event field blank, a java.lang.NullPointerException error appears.
Result : Getting java.lang.NullPointerException when clicked OK
Expected an Error message saying no event was entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to NMS Web Workspace
2. Go to File, Open Switching Sheet
3. Open an Existing Switching Sheet ( Emergency)
4. Go to Steps Section, Select the "+" Green Icon in Event and Crews, Opens up Add Event Association window
5. In Add Event Association window, Click OK
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms