The Prompt to Remove the Remaining Labor/nonlabor Units From the Activity When Deleting the Last Labor/nonlabor Resource Assignment Is Not Always Displayed, Causing the Assignment to Remain After Refreshing
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When deleting the last labor or non-labor resource assignment from an activity, the "confirm" prompt asking to zero out the units/costs is not always shown. After clicking save, the costs from the labor/non-labor assignment are still displayed at the activity level. Refreshing the screen then shows that the resource assignment is still linked to the activity with the same values as before.
The "confirm" prompt shows up every time to allow the option for the units/costs from the deleted assignment to be zeroed out.
The issue can be reproduced (intermittently) with the following steps:
- Login to P6 Web
- Open a project
- Assign a labor resource assignment to an activity
- Add an expense with the same costs as the resource assignment
- Delete the resource assignment (was not prompted with the confirm box to remove units as expected)
- Labor units were kept at the activity level
- Both "At Completion Labor Cost" and "At Completion Expense Cost" are showing the same values, thus making the At Completion Total Cost equal the sum of these 2 costs
- Hitting refresh (F5) shows that the resource is still assigned to the activity
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms