Update Table Event Does Not Work As Expected When Japanese Message Is Used
(Doc ID 2383303.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running Update Table event PX to return an error when attempting to update the table, the message is not returned as expected. It happens when message returned by PX is multibyte character language such as Japanese.
Even when the message returned by PX is multibyte character language such as Japanese, Update Table event PX to return the message as expected
What is Working
PX message is returned as expected when the message is in English
- Develop PX to return message in Japanese, and copy the PX jar to: %Agile_Home%\integration\sdk\extensions
- Login to Java Client as admin user, and goto Admin tab > System Settings > Event Management, and make below configuration and enable¿
Event Type: Update table
Object Type: Item
Table Name: Attachments
b. Event Handlers
Event Handler Type: Java PX
Event Action: created event handler
c. Event Subscriber
Event: Event created at step a
Event Handler: Event Handler created at step b
Trigger Type: Pre
Execution Mode: Synchronous
Error Handling Rule: Stop
- Login to Web Client as admin user, and create item
- Goto Attachments tab, and add an attachment file
- Update Description field of the file, and Save
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document