XML Project Import Fails, But a Project Is Created
(Doc ID 2385371.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2023
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 17.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Although an XML project fails to Import, a Project is still being created with some data in it.
If the import fails a project should not be created.
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
- In P6 Web, close all Projects.
- Select Actions > Import/Export Projects.
- Select <XML> and click Open.
- Leave Template as Default.
- In the Import To box, click the ellipsis (...), select the desired EPS, and click Select.
- Click Import.
- When the process completes, view the resulting log and observe that the XML Project import failed.
- Navigate to the selected EPS, observe the Project was created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!