Copy And Paste From P6 To Excel Populates Column With Invalid Values.
(Doc ID 2387433.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When copying data from the P6 Client to Excel, if the first column in the Layout is blank / nulls, the values in Excel are populated with data from another column.
The data in Excel should have the same values (in this case, blanks / nulls) after the copy as is displayed in P6.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch P6.
- Open a Project and go to the Activities screen.
- Add a User Defined Field (UDF) (or any Global column) that has not been populated yet as the first column.
- Select Edit from the menu / Select All.
- Select <ctrl> c to copy.
- Launch blank spreadsheet in Excel.
- Go to the first row / first column.
- Select <ctrl> v to paste.
- Observe the first column is populated with values from another column.
- Repeat the above with the blank column moved to the second position in the Layout.
- Observe the column in Excel is blank, as expected, after the copy.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document