Electrical Maps Do not Load Consistently When Loading Switch Plan View Areas
Last updated on APRIL 23, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Occasionally, loading a View Area via a Switch Sheet does not load the electrical maps.
It seems that if "Unload Maps" was performed before loading the view area, only the background maps get loaded.
The electrical layer should be getting loaded as well.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch a Web Workspace with Web Switching environment.
- Create a new Planned Switch sheet
- Record placing and removing a tag on a switch
- Target to the device in viewer 1
- Zoom out several times and pan several times to the right
- In Web Switching > View Areas, press the Camera 1 button to create a new View Area
- Save your switch sheet
- Select the "All Devices (Dynamic View)" entry and press the "Load Selected View Area into Viewer 1" button.
- The device gets displayed in the viewer
- Unload all maps
- Select the new View Area entry ( "View Area ####" ) and press the "Load Selected View Area into Viewer 1" button.
- Only the background maps get loaded.
In $NMS_CONFIG/jconfig/ops/viewer/xml/VIEWER_GLOBAL_PROPERTIES.inc, set "auto_load_on_focus" to false:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms