Attachments Can Be Removed Even if the 'Remove Attachments' Box Is Not Checked
(Doc ID 2388148.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Unifier - Version 17.7 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 17.7 to 17.12]
Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 17.6 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 17.6 to 17.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multiple Business Processes (BP) are configured to prevent the removal of BP record attachments (i.e. the "Remove Attachments" box is not checked in the Upper Form Configuration). However, the removal is still being permitted at runtime for users in the "Record Editor" group.
When the "Remove Attachments" box is not checked on the BP Form Design window, users should only be able to remove an attachment that they uploaded on that step only (or at the end step if it was uploaded by them on that step).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier environment as a user with Administrative permissions/access.
- Navigate to Company Workspace > Admin Mode > uDesigner > Business Processes > (select the BP) > Upper Forms > Properties.
- Note that Remove Attachments is unchecked.
- Navigate to the Project/Shell where the above BP is in use > Admin Mode > Setup > Business Process > (select the BP) > BP Setup > Settings tab.
- Note the Record Editor(s) that are assigned.
- From same Shell, go to the BP log, open a new BP record, and advance it through the Workflow to the appropriate step, attaching documents at various steps along the way.
- When a user specified as a Record Editor in Step 3 above views this record, the Remove button is available to them and they are able to remove these attachments.
- For a user who is NOT a Record Editor, the Remove button is grayed out for this BP record.
- Finish processing the record to the End Step.
- A user who is a Record Editor can still remove attachments at this step.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document